14 May Ravioli Alla Liguria Recipe – A Classic Italian Dish!
I’ve got one simple question for you – what could be better than a piping hot plate of fresh, home made stuffed ravioli?
Ravioli alla Liguria
I would like to share with you my Ravioli alla Liguria recipe. This recipe is homemade pasta with spinach and ricotta cheese filling. Whether you are cooking for a family supper or entertaining with friends this ravioli dish never fails to impress.
Ravioli Alla Liguria Ingredients
For the homemade fresh pasta:
- 11oz of plain flour [try to get Tipo ‘00’ flour if you can]
- 3 medium free range eggs./li>
- Pinch of salt
- For the filling:
- 250gms fresh spinach leaves
- 150g ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 75g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 egg
Ravioli Alla Liguria – Method
- Sift the flour in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and crack the eggs into it and add a pinch of salt.
- Mix the eggs into the flour as much as possible so it’s not to sticky.
- Flour each hand and start to kneed until you end up with a nice piece of smooth silky elastic dough.
- Cover with cling film and leave for about half an hour.
To Make The Filling
- Cook the spinach in a little salted water, drain well.
- Squeeze out the excess water and chop the spinach roughly.
- Mix in the ricotta cheese, egg and 25oz of Parmesan cheese to the spinach./li>
- Season with nutmeg salt and pepper.
- To Make The Ravioli
- Dust flour onto your surface. Roll out pasta with a floured rolling pin until it is 1 ½ to 2mm thick.
- Then cut out two equal size pasta dough sheets.
- Add ½ spoonful of filling onto one sheet of pasta about 2 inches apart.
- Moisten sides of pasta sheet with egg yolk to aid sealing the pasta together and then place second pasta sheet on top pressing down around the filling to push out any air.
- Cut the ravioli into squares with a knife or serrated pastry wheel. You should be able to cut out around 20 squares.
- Cook The Ravioli
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to the boil.
- Place the ravioli into the boiling water for 5 to 6 minutes or until the ravioli floats.
- Take ravioli out of the boiling water with a large slotted spoon and place on a warm plate.
- Now your ravioli is ready to serve with your favourite sauce. A nice creamy courgette and pesto sauce compliments this ravioli dish.
Ravioli Alla Liguria Recipe Details
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
5 stars based on 3 reviews
Ravioli Alla Liguria – Buon Appetito
And so there you have it, our recipe for the perfect Ravioli alla Liguria which is an ideal dish to enjoy in the middle of summer with some red or white wine. If you’ve liked this recipe make sure to check out our Margherita Pizza recipe and if you don’t feel like cooking but want some of the best Italian food in Dublin, then you can book your table here.. Until next time, ciao!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.